The Bolt News is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Layout Editor
- Story Editor
- Online Editor
The Editor-in-Chief manages the content published in The Bolt News online and in print and acts as the manager for the other editing staff and writers.
- Approving content for publication,
- Managing the budget for The Bolt News,
- Ensuring each edition of The Bolt is released on time,
- Performing administrative tasks such as liaising with advertisers and filing contracts and other paperwork.
The Layout Editor is responsible for the creation and formatting of the print edition of The Bolt News and works with the Editor-in-Chief to maintain a cohesive look and layout for all of The Bolt’s visual media.
- Using provided computer software to format articles and images in the print edition of The Bolt news,
- Working with the Editor-in-Chief to secure and properly print advertisements,
- Printing physical copies of The Bolt News,
- Preparing digital versions of each issue of The Bolt News for publication online.
The Story Editor is the primary liaison with the writers for The Bolt News and is responsible for correcting spelling and grammar for all published articles, as well as for ensuring writers support their work with facts through sources.
- Working with the writers to develop their skills,
- Correcting spelling and grammar errors,
- Bringing any concerns about content to the attention of the Editor-in-Chief,
- Ensuring factual correctness in articles by collecting cited resources from writers,
- Delivering completed articles to the Layout Editor and Online Editor in a timely manner.
The Online Editor is the manager of The Bolt’s online presence through its website and social media accounts.
- Updating articles on theboltnews.com with the newest submissions,
- Working with the Layout Editor to upload the digital version of each edition of The Bolt News,
- Promoting published articles and Concordia/CSA events through social media,
- Maintaining The Bolt’s website and keeping it up-to-date with modern features alongside the Editor-in-Chief.
Click the button below to send us an email. Please include the position(s) you wish to be considered for along with a current resume and optional cover letter.